What is you reason for looking into Sword training?
- Self Defence
- Meeting People
- “I am a Star Wars fan” – don’t be shy, there are a few of us here too!
- “I did martial arts when I was younger, and want to study again, but my body is a bit older”
Welcome to Haidong Gumdo (translation:- The Enlightened Sword Art).
Our training hall (Dojang) is located at 26 Alach St, Greerton, Tauranga. Our classes are Wednesday nights from 6pm to 730pm, and Saturday afternoons from 3pm to 4pm. Come long and try out a class.
Haidong Gumdo is a good art for those who are starting or renewing a martial art later in life. I began Haidong Gumdo when I was 45 years old and have loved the experience. You will get back what you put in – for it IS the martial arts way.
What is your reason for looking into Martial Arts training?
- Confidence building
- Self Defence techniques
- Disciplined training for a younger family member
- Learning new skills
- Making new friends
- Fitness and a challenge
If any of the above are you, then you have come to the right place.
We offer training in:
- Taekwondo – Korean martial art, Olympic sport, kicking and punching
- Haidong Gumdo – Korean martial art, Sword art
- Hapkido – Korean martial art, hand to hand combat
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Brazilian martial art, ground and grappling work
- Mixed Martial Arts – Competitive style as shown in the UFC
- Teuk Gong Moo Sol – Korean martial art, based on Special Forces training